Center piece fish

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Sataly, Oct 28, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I'm looking to get a center piece fish that's pretty flashy and stand out in my 60 gallon as I'm about to move out 3 fish. my current stock is 1 yasha goby, 2 swissguard basslets, pink streak wrasse, ruby red scooter blenny minus the 3 guys coming out (blue green chromis, baggai cardinal and yellow Clow goby)

I've considered a dwarf angel but I'm very put off by the hit or miss thing with them because I have alot of lps corals and my recent purchase was a good sized alien eye pectinia so I would cry if it was demolished. anyone got any ideas?

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Fairy wrasse. A dwarf angel will hang out in the rock most of the time anyways.

4. Sataly

you don't think the fairy will mess with my pink streak wrasse? I'm afraid to get a larger fairy wrasse and it pick on my pink streak. he's probably no bigger then 2"-2 1/2".

5. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

[​IMG]

Kidding.

A Lubbock's fairy or maybe a whip fin fairy wrasse would be nice and SHOULDN'T bother your other wrasse but, as most of us know, fish have personalities and your mileage may vary. Maybe instead of a single center piece fish, you would consider a small group of anthias? Maybe something like a trio of sunburst or barlett's?

DSC reef likes this.
  6. Sataly

in a 60? wouldn't the sunburst and barletts be to big? I imagine one would be fine but a trio?

7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. Sataly

if I wanted a trio I would probably do some randalls, princess or weiteis.

10. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

Didn't realize the sunbursts got that large. I've always assumed they stayed smaller. However a trio of barletts are feasible. They don't get as large.

11. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I'd look into a coral beauty angel. Mine never hid in the rock and left my coral alone.

12. Sataly

again I'm always scared of them picking at my corals. they're all healthy so I shouldn't worry per say but always that chance