Caulerpa Dying

Discussion in 'Algae' started by czartangus, Mar 7, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. czartangus

czartangus Plankton

I noticed that my caulerpa is slowing dying off. My refugium lighting is a 6700K 15W light that runs 24/7. The lighting should be good, correct? As water flow goes, there is not much in the refugium, could this be my problem? Any advice would be helpful.
    Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

I would put some more lighting in there and see if that helps. Also when you say not much flow? Do you have any idea on how much there really is?

Jim

4. czartangus

czartangus Plankton

Here is a ruff drawing of the refugium. The inlet is 1/2“, and if I had to guess about the flow rate I would say it’s around 200 GPH / 3.33 GPM. The current is a gently one. What should I increase the lighting too, if that is the problem?
    [​IMG]

5. Diver_1298

I was cuious about the flow. I don't believe most types of calurpa need extreme flow. I think the increase in lighting would be helpful.

Jim

6. czartangus

czartangus Plankton

I thinking if i increase the lightning should I go with something like 2' T5? Low cost / Low power consumption / High output.

7. Diver_1298