Carnation Coral

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by shawn8003, Sep 11, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. shawn8003

shawn8003 Astrea Snail

So I just stole a very small piece of my brother's orange chilli coral. It was growing on a discarded shell so I snatched it and threw it in my nano reef. It's only been in there for an hour or so and is already nicely opened.

Just thought I'd post on here to see if there is anything special I should know about them that would help out. I've got it positioned in similar conditions as my sun coral - I believe they have similar requirements (light, flow, etc.).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'd definitely like to get it growing big and healthy. It doesn't seem to do much of anything in my brother's tank.

2. Click Here!

3. shawn8003

shawn8003 Astrea Snail

I'll try to get a picture up within the next few days, which might be difficult since it is so small.

4. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

But it is a small tank so you should be able to get a pic!

5. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

When my brother and I were still in school,
    I sneaked into his room and took a soda he had in his mini-fridge .. I mean, he had plenty and how would he miss one?

I had the drink and sat down on the couch next to my mom.... When I opened it, the door rang and I went to go get it. My mom reached over and took a drink of the "soda" ..... When I sat back down, my mom flogged me rather hard on the back of the head and 20 questions started with fears of a butt-whooping... Come to find out, he had them filled with liquor.....

all in all,
    be careful in what you take from your brothers room.. Could get ya into some trouble!

lol
    -fritts

6. shawn8003

shawn8003 Astrea Snail

Hahaha. That is too funny.
    So, I thought I'd be proactive and get a couple shots tonight.
    Here are two; one with, and one without the flash.

Without...
    [​IMG]

& with...
    [​IMG]

7. shawn8003

shawn8003 Astrea Snail

Don't mind the gunk on the sand surrounding it... Tomorrow is water change day and all that garbage gets siphoned out. Yay!

8. Click Here!

9. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

That is gonna be pretty when it gets big! Did you really steal it or does your brother know?

10. shawn8003

shawn8003 Astrea Snail

Well, he was sitting at his desk beside the aquarium and I told him I was stealing it as I reached my hand in, haha. He didn't seem to care so much. it wasn't part of the main colony. It just started growing one day on that shell. So, lucky for me!

I get all sorts of little extras from his tank. Especially muchrooms that detach. He's too lazy to deal with them, so I fish them out and then set up a little container with rubble and wait for them to attach themselves and then I place them in the aquarium. It's kinda nice having a bother that is somewhat lazy, haha.