CaribSea Arag-Live

Discussion in 'Sand' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 28, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

CaribSea is starting to pack live sand with water!

[​IMG]

I bet the shipping on that would be expensive!!

2. Click Here!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

;D Well I have about 3" inches of CaribSea Live sand in my tank, just been 5 weeks so not sure how it will work out.
    I do have one question or two maybe, cleaning a tank with live sand how should I suction the bottom, and or should I have creatures to cultavate the sand regulary?

just starting out, with a 30 gal tank, have 40 lbs of live rock too, and two starter fish. Looking to move up to a 75 or 90 gal later so whatever equipment i buy I plan on using later. I'm in the market for a skimmer, any ideas for a small tank to later be medium?

thanks, Scott r_i_p

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

:thumbsup:used it when we set up our 38 gall seemed to help the cycle along also once added the ph stableized at 8.2 and nitrates dropped from 80 plus down to the 20's. its a bit more money but i think its worth it but also mine was half carib sea half dry.

Scott with the ls there is no need to clean it like you would cc or gravel. it holds the bacteria to break down waste and creates the anerobic zones to break down nitrates. these zones should be left alone. best bet is to get a clean up crew and let them do the work stars, conchs, crabs, snails. also with lr some of the critters will work there way to the sand and you will probably see worm track or bugs against the glass they help also.

as far as skimmers go depends on what u want to spend. IMO the remoras and remora pros are probably some of the best but cost $$$. i do have a prizm skimmer and think its one of the better ones for the price. they are very affordable and seems to work well. takes some minor adjusting though, very easy to assemble i run one on a 75.