Can't find actinic bulbs....

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Av8Bluewater, Mar 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Trust me, if you'd like more growth and want your corals colors to stand out more, go with the UVL actinic white and super actinic in your PC fixture. I have the square pin, but I think you could get them from AAT in the straight pin, just PM the sponsor. I put the new UVL bulbs on the right, and the old 460/420 and dual daylight bulbs are on the left. There is a dramatic difference with the UVL bulbs spectrum and reflective coating on the top of their bulbs.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

UVL does make a pc bulb

You can tell a huge difference with the UVL. Great example. K+

1 person likes this.
  4. odellous

odellous Astrea Snail

try marineandreef.com. the number is 877-878-9349. good luck!!

5. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

marineandreef.com only carries generic, coralife, and the original replacement current usa bulbs. They don't have the same spectrums or the reflective coating on the top of the bulbs to increase light intesity, as you can see from the above pic. Pricing is about the same for the UVL bulbs, so why spend money on the same old current usa bulbs the fixture comes with? The frogspawn growth rate is noticeable within 1 month of having the UVL bulbs in the current usa pc fixture.

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Wow that is a huge difference thanks.

7. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

LOL, I never noticed until now, but all my fish are hiding in that picture. You can only see the purple pseudochromis. Your fish will also look more colorful, fyi. K+ to whomever can spot the blue tang's tail.

8. Click Here!

9. scenario1313

I found him. LOL That was hard. Am I right. Needle in a hay stack.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Is this the bulb? :

UVL 65W Actinic White/Super Actinic, Dual Color PowerCompact Bulb - Straight Pin

11. scenario1313

You can get them at reefgeek one of our sponsors. The one you show is a good one if you want the white and the blue in the same bulb. I use the t5 version of that bulb but I use 4 actinic white and 4 super actinic

12. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

You could use four of those and have the same effect, however I used 2 x 65 w super actinic and 2 x 65 w actinic white. This way, I keep the actinic white on the same lighting schedule as my daylight bulbs were on, and keep the super actinics on the same schedule my old 460/420 nm bulbs were on. Sorry it took so long to get back, but I was busy haulin a tank up from my garage.