CANOPY

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by yellowviper, Sep 23, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yellowviper

yellowviper Astrea Snail

I am looking for a good pattern or a cheap price for a 55 galwood canopy with a hinged lid. any help wpuld be great planns or a pattern woud be awsone thanks

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i never used the brand galwood so im not sure of the product but if your looking for diy plans heres a page the first couple links are on hoods for tanks

diy hoods

4. aseidman00

aseidman00 Astrea Snail

I built a woden canopy for my 75 gallon tank, but never did draw up the plans.... how long is your tank ? Its actually an easy item to build. Maybe I'll document my desigh and post it here.

I am in the process of finishing a new DIY stand for a 30 gallon x-high mini reef that I'm setting up.... its coming out awesome as well... I'll post pictures of both items.

5. aseidman00

aseidman00 Astrea Snail

Ok. I've got the plans for the canopy. Its a few slides. If your interested,, just e-mail me at [email protected] or if someone knows how I can upload them to this site, let me know !

6. chrischick

chrischick Astrea Snail

Aseidman00 you have email.. ;D ;)

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=karlas link=board=DIY;num=1064342631;start=0#1 date=09/26/03 at 08:02:54]i never used the brand galwood so im not sure of the product but if  your looking for diy plans heres a page the first couple links are on hoods for tanks

diy hoods[/quote]
    He ment 55 gallons and a wood canopy.. :D

8. Click Here!

9. aic007

aic007 Astrea Snail

If you are building a wooden hood, look into expoys to coat the wood. I had t build a stand for my PC because it was a little shorter than the tank so I coated the wood with epoxy. Picked it up at Home Depot, its a two part solution you mix and then pour and spread it over the wood. It gives it a clear laquered finish but a hell of a lot thicker. Think old wooden coofee tables or the look of a bar. you can lay it on as thick as you want and takes less time to dry. Definately something to look at depending on the type of route you take.