canopy light

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by wesley p, Mar 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wesley p

wesley p Flamingo Tongue

I built my own stand and canopy for my 65 gallon. I left the back open on the canopy so the two 150w mh i am running would stay cool. I have previously never owned mh so I wanted to make sure I did not have heat problems. The setup is up and doing good now. The only thing is now I have the light shining out the back of my canopy. Does anyone know of a material that I can put on the back of the canopy but still allow it to breath? I keep 3 five inch metal fans running in the canopy now.

2. Click Here!

3. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

i think with the fans thats enough to keep the heat down, if you cover it up and the tank overheats you may just have to get a chiller, or deal with the excess light. which IMO is way better an option than investing in a freaking chiller.

4. zackscott20

zackscott20 Fire Shrimp

could try a bed sheet.. that would help a little i would think. just hope it don't burn.. lol ;D

5. wesley p

wesley p Flamingo Tongue

I think I will try blocking some of the area off with wood to reduce the light but still keep it cool. I think a bed sheet will burn lol. I will deal with the light before I buy a chiller those thing are high dollar.Thanks