Candy Coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by whiptofiz, Mar 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

Question for everyone. When i got the candy coral it looked like the first pic and now looks like the second. Water quality is great i do a 15% water change every 2 weeks. And feed it once a week. It was recently under heavier flow and i just moved it to a lower flow area. What should i do? Should i be feeding it more?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

mine like lower flow on it. moderate lighting.. same purple w/ green eyes

4. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

Ya the lighting was less intense and lower flow before and now higher lighting and heavier flow. So ill go back to the start i suppose Thanks all

5. Sara

Sara Astrea Snail

I have PC's and mine like being up half way in the tank (in a 24g nano)
    I feed mine weekly with oyster feast and mysis shrimp.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  6. stonewilled

stonewilled Feather Duster

Dunno much about candy canes but... What kind of camera/lens do you use? That first pic is pretty nice.

7. headchef007

headchef007 Plankton

How do you feed your Candie Corals ? I use a liquid diet on mine is this correct ? Also i feed my fish on mysis, so will my candie grab some of thius from the fish ?

Thanks

Sean

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Sara

Sara Astrea Snail

A liquid diet is perfect, oyster feast, marine snow,....any of those liquid ones will be just fine. As for it "grabbing" mysis from the fish, they wont, but you might get a small particle that will fall on the candy cane and it may eat it.

I feed everything in my tank a mixture of oyster feast and mysis shrimp, if the fish are hungry enough, they will pick it off the corals. If the corals eat it - great - if not well then they are getting oyster feast.

10. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

Sorry such a late reply. I uses a simple kodak 6mp point and click camera on a closeup mode. For lights i have a dual 36" coralife compac with a 39w daylight 10000k bulb and a 39w actinic in a 33 gallon setup and have had this lighting since i got the candy about 3 months ago

11. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

so how those canes doing now? low flow and medium light? do u keep your calcium 400-500 range?

12. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

Doing better calcium is 450 and i relocated to the bottom of the tank. Its not back to where it was but i do see an improvment. Thanks for asking