Can you identify this coral?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by djollie13, Oct 3, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. djollie13

djollie13 Plankton

I have no idea what it is...

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Its not a coral.Its dragons breath macroalgae.
    Its always best to know what you are purchasing before adding it to your tank.:)

DSC reef and zesty like this.
  4. djollie13

djollie13 Plankton

I knew it wasn't really a coral but least I now know what it is. Thanks

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

^ Halymenia, it's beautiful.

Vinnyboombatz likes this.
  6. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

This is not only good advice, it's the only advice a noob should adhere to. I only say this with such disdain because I have made this mistake, I've seen others make this mistake and I'm sure most people here more than a few months have seen this mistake. It's the balance of life here and when you walk into that fish store and everything in there has a price tag and they'll ring up whatever you want faster than you can acclimate a damsel... 98% of the LFS out there will sell you anything you want. They are there first to make money, you may get lucky and find some diamonds in the rough, where you'll get a store that actually asks and makes sure you are not throwing in a puffer into a tank of zoas... My GF did this once, she bought a rock with zoas on it, a looooong time ago and the next day, where did they go... I can't find em, oh there's a couple, what happened to the rest... OHH no, stop it mr puffer, ummmm yummmy says mr puffer. ok, I'm rambling and you have gotten the point by now. haha!

I always (at min) check liveaquaria before even thinking about anything when I'm window shopping.

ok, I'm done with my rant. :)

I just got some of that same macro algae last week, it's awesome looking!!! Do you have any tangs or angels?? This is supposed to be some good food for them.

Vinnyboombatz and DSC reef like this.