Can Goldfish Live In Saltwater?

Discussion in 'Salt' started by pjcutie, Mar 24, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mountainmom

Mountainmom Plankton

I have kept my 7 year old common goldfish in saltwater for years.

2. Click Here!

3. marks270galreef

marks270galreef Flamingo Tongue

wow i never new that gold fish could do that ... than again if im going to spend what it takes to have saltwater then im getting some saltwater fish LOL

4. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

gold fish are epic fails -- they are nutritionally void and sexually unappealing

5. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

mountainmom if you are kidding i dont think its actually very funny as some people will try and keep goldfish in salt water.........and fail, and as usually happens its the animal that suffers the consequences first.

6. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

Well mountain mom joined the site last night and their first post was to revive a 9 month old thread. I wouldnt take anything they say too seriously.

7. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

Why do people put freshwater fish in saltwater anyway?...you pay all this money to have beautiful fish and take the time to mix salt and what not, just to toss in some freshwater fish?...

8. Click Here!

9. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

you never know insanespain there are some pretty wacky people out there (im one of them)

10. BioFreak

BioFreak Feather Duster

Is it really necessary to be mean? And What they say is the truth, if done correctly and slowly adding in the salt a gold fish can survive. I wouldn't say for 7 years as stated earlier but a few months yes. My brother did it in High School as his Science Experiment. He also kept some in watered down rubbing alcohol. Others were kept in beer.

11. MichaelMaggio

MichaelMaggio Plankton

why would you want to put a goldfish in saltwater, they are no comparison the saltwater beautiful fish, i would only do this if i had a lion fish again so i would not have to worry about feeding him, ha

12. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

So you don't think its odd that someone joins the site to revive a super old thread, of which has old posts from a member who's been banned?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk