calling all trigger keepers............

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by cerebus, Apr 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cerebus

cerebus Plankton

hi guys does anyone know of a parasite which only attacks the eyes of trigger fish... i had a parasitic attack on four of my five triggers and only there eyes were affected no other symptoms i treated with odinex for 3 days then a fresh water dip which seems to have worked as they all have responded well i also have added a uv sterilizer and introduced a garlic supplement to there all ready varied diet any research on eye infections just kept leading me back to the old reliable s ie pop eye and infections with other symptoms . water parameters before infection all perfect . any advice on how to prevent another out break like this or any advice at all would be warmly welcomed im running a fowlr system......thanks

2. Click Here!

3. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

I'm not a trigger expert or keeper, but maybe I can give you a little input. I don't believe such a parasite exists, but a couple questions. 1. How big a tank and what types of triggers? If triggers are at all cramped and see another fish of their type, they may be more predisposed to fighting than other fish would as fish generally don't like their own kind. This close contact with each other would expose them to the parasite more than other fish. 2. What else is in there? Some fish are more hardy or immune to certain things. Not having kept triggers, i don't know how hardy they are.

Good luck. Fish usually pull through pop eye.