Calling All LED Gurus, HELP

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by mati_L, Mar 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Inertiatic

Inertiatic Bubble Tip Anemone

With your current setup you're probably around 10-14k. Take the AI Sol White for example, they say its at a temperature of around 12-14k and they have double the amount of white LEDs to blue.

If you want 20k, I would definitely recommend more blues. Be careful with the green too. Our eyes pick up green really well, so it might be a little overwhelming.

Since you are going dimmable, it makes things a lot more customizable for you. You could always increase and decrease the intensity to your liking.

2. Click Here!

3. mati_L

mati_L Fire Shrimp

"Then call ET because your tank will be able to signal space." lol i dont need strange ships landing in my yard..hmm should i just drop the extra 12 and run 48 LEDs?

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

what brand are you going with?

5. mati_L

mati_L Fire Shrimp

Cree

I have been on and off about the UV, and Green..Just make my build simple with blues and whites lol

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

then yeah, 48 blues and whites and 10-16 violets/reds and cyan will be plenty! You'll run them well below 100%. The prob you'll have is getting things organized onto drivers to run efficiently at each leds max Ma current.
    the cw's and nw's run diff but the new nw run with the blues
    and the rbs and blues run similar
    and the reds violets cyan are similar
    so i'd look at ;
    12 cws on a driver
    then 4 nw's, and 8 rbs on a driver''
    6 rbs and 8 blues on 1
    then 8 violets 4 reds and 2 cyans

7. mati_L

mati_L Fire Shrimp

I really want to keep colors on their own strings to be able to control more of how much of each is put out.. My seller doesnt have cyan and red im not sure i want.. now im trying to arrange something different but its not too easy

your right up there ^ 48 blues and whites.. then 12 of the others category

8. Click Here!

9. mati_L

mati_L Fire Shrimp

what if switch it around, 16 RB 16 B and then 8CW 8 NW - 12 others

I feel using those blues..and the RB at those numbers will give me just to much over powering blue

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Not if ya get a controller, then ya can run the blues lower and the whites higher, like i said i have 32 blues and 24 whites with 12 violets and only run my whites at 35% to the blues 75% and its still too white for me.

11. mati_L

mati_L Fire Shrimp

What Kelvin would you say your tank is at with those percents ? Thats a lot of blue lol

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

honestly dude i thought exactly the same as you which is why i started with a 50/50, but with my levels i doubt at peak i'm over 12-14k. Whites are monsters, they over power everything