Calcium/Kalkwasser

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Poppy828, Aug 28, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

4. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Todd,

Even though I am a bit skeptical about the value of supplimenting Strontium, I must say congrats, alike a lot of people at least you are testing first and then adding :)

5. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Thank you all for the help and encouragement. I appreciate it.

My buddy has a question about Marble cat sharks. He has a 75gal and used the ready made ocean water from Petco. ANyway, he added 120lbs sand and of course the sand made the water extremely cloudy. he is wondering when it is safe to add the sharks to the tank? He has had them in a med size box since 8:30 this morning. He has a pump in the box to add air and also a heater to keep it warm...any suggestions on this? The tank is not clearing very quickly at alll...he is afraid the cloudiness will hurt there gilss????

I am lost on that one.

6. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Welp, if it looks anything like mine does at the moment...I would not put fish in it....they will kill themselves swimming into the glass they can't see...LOL I can't even see 3 inches into the tank... :-/

It has been this way since Tuesday...4 days....

I just put a poly filter pad 50 micron in the sump and that seems to be helping along with the skimmer....

7. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

That is what I was afraid of...it is a shark though...these guys I guess just sit around on the floor bed for the most part...I was not sure so I thought I would ask...it can't be good for them to be in a box for 12+ hours...

8. Click Here!

9. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Can the store hold them for your friend?? Maybe...till it clears...

10. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

They are all closed now of course...not sure if they would do that or not.....I guess he will havr to see if these guys last the night in a box...he said they are breathing pretty fast now so I don't know if the air tube he has is causing an adverse affect or if it is not enough...maybe the stress is finally getting to them...I'm lost with these guys

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=birdlady link=board=Newbie;num=1093748861;start=45#46 date=09/03/04 at 20:33:41]Can the store hold them for your friend?? Maybe...till it clears...[/quote]

Good one Sue. Wish I had thought of that on the other thread. :p