C.O.D. Brooklynella

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by artrichter001, Nov 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. artrichter001

artrichter001 Fire Worm

Hi guys. On saturday, a friend of mine gave me as a present his percula clownfish because he is going to live outside the country. I acclimated him as usual and everything seemed ok. Only two days later, he appears covered in white slime. 30 minutes later he is dead. Apart from my girlfriend crying for the poor guy, I am very worried that the disease may kill my yellow tang also. He (tang) is eating well enough but today I noticed a little slime on his tail and fins. Do you think he will make it? How can I help him? What did I do wrong causing the percula to get this disease? Is my tank still ok for fish? Also, I found all my turbo snails upside-down. Water params are ok (0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 0 Nitrate). Any insight will be appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

brooklynella is close to oodinium. if your concerned with your fish a quarantine tank treated with copper would help treat most diseases. just dont put live rock in with copper treated water.