Buying a New car

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by jay02483, Feb 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jay02483

jay02483 Bristle Worm

so i narrowed down my search 2 a few different models..and i want to know any1 has owned and the pros and cons of these vehicles..
    (i also wanna know what kind of room a cts has im 6'4'' havent gotten a chance to go out adn test drive any of these been really busy)

Cadallic-cts and Escalade
    Lincoln-Nav and aviator

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I don't know much about those cars, except my friend has a Cadillac and loves it. But based on appearances, I really don't like the Navigator. I think Cadillacs look a lot nicer.

4. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

I personaly dont trust the quality or reliability of eithr brand, but I would check out consumer reports for their latest ratings on both vehicles and go forward from there.

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yeah, definitely do a lot of research. When I bought a new SUV last year I ended up buying one that wasn't even on my final two list, because of information I found from consumer reports and such. And I love it! So glad I got the one I did.

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I loved my 2002 Navigator it was a sweet ride the large V8 4.7 ? It was a little to soft of a ride for me I like a firm suspension under me , But It was better then a Buddy of mine who had the Caddy SUV . I think he went with a 2007 Navigator My son in law was the General manager for the largest Lincoln dealer in My home town .
    Oh I sold the Nav and got me a F250 supper duty dual turbo diesel I did tell you I like a firm suspension I drove a new 99 Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition good truck I think Lincoln added suspension control to the newer trucks I know they did with their Pick Ups in 2005 or 06 soft firm and in between just flip a switch

7. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

I have a GMC Danali...(close to the Esclade)..I have had it for over a year.
    The only problem I have have had is 2 of the door handles on the outside broke. When it gets around 0 Degrees they get brittle.
    We actually have 5 of them. My brothers heater core went out and other then that we have had no problems with the other ones.
    They do great in the snow
    The navigation system that come with them kinda sucks.
    The heated seats are awesome compared to my other vehicles
    The heated Wiper fluid is a nice feature as well.
    The tires are expensive to replace.
    The Bose sound system rocks!
    The separate controls for the heater for the kids in the back is also nice.

All and All a sweet vehicle!

8. Click Here!

9. jay02483

jay02483 Bristle Worm

so from a scale 1-10 how happy was u with ur performance n such of ur navi?

10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

If you are asking me ? I loved it I drove it daily in my business for almost 2 yrs and it had like 180K on it , I never was one for oil changing and a lot of maintenance and other then breaks and a wiper blades and a few lamp bulbs and a starter I had no problem with it at all , I started that truck more in a day then most would in a month all city driving stop go get out restart and go give another estimate or meet an inspector or builder , I changed the oil a few time maybe three or four times in its life I always used Castrol Synteck and never had a issue ,
    I drove a suburban and several blazers also from 1973 on to 96 and I had not many issues with them either But the damn paint would pop off and GM did nothing about it like with all my Mid 80's and to mid 90 trucks . Ford on the other had took a 10 yr old truck work truck in and stripped it and did a complete repaint in 95 so after that I stuck with fords also my fords never rusted like my Chevy's did and in the south there was little snow or salt . I would never buy a damn foreign car or truck no matter where its bolted together . I have been a gear head hot rodder all my life and they all break down sooner or later .

On the 1 to 10 scale ? Its like a woman if god ever made a 10 he kept it but I have married and dated a few 9's :) so I'd give the old Lincoln a solid 9.5 as far a a ride that burns gas goes LOL I love it really just to soft and would wallow when pulling a off shore boat . It was not made to do that.

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

LMAO......you better say that or she will have your b*lls in a vise grip.:hehe:

luna

1 person likes this.
  12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I tossed the vice grips out LOLK and the vice as well .. no where are those channel locs ?? Its not easy getting to be a old dawg :)