Bush Admin. reducing salmon habitats 80%

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by Om_Seeker, Dec 2, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Om_Seeker

Om_Seeker Astrea Snail

Geez, what's going on with the Bush Administration and the environment? Now they want to reduce cirtical salmon habitats in the Northwest and California by 80%!!

Here's the article:
    Massive Salmon Habitat Cuts

2. Click Here!

3. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

Those damn republicans!!!!

More land!! More money!!! mine ! Mine! Mine!

Almost as bad as the democrats!!!!

When will the King return???????

:)

Scoffer

4. hoodoo

hoodoo Fire Shrimp

this is so stupid. How can they make a lawsuit because the permits are too expensive?
    Every private person has to live with the governments "prices" for everything and they just sue them?

5. Olyoxenfree

Olyoxenfree Astrea Snail

I'm disgusted with this. 80%? That is an unnacceptable reduction.

6. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Well, it is not 80% of their total habitat -only a certain portion. I for one have a problem with animals having big time rights over people. There are farmers losing their life savings and cannot work their land that they have had for generations due to the 'discovery' of a 'rare' freshwater fish in the lakes on their property.

That is also wrong. I am all for protection of species...but also protection of rights to work and earn a living - especially on your own property.

In true, liberal media fashion, they fear monger the public into doing their bidding. 80% of the habitat they are referring to , could be one tiny stream for all we know. The other side is not represented.

Sorry, not trying to rant here, but there has got to be a happy medium somewhere!!! ;D ;D ;D