Bumps on Fins!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by el_sillo, Feb 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. el_sillo

el_sillo Spaghetti Worm

Hi well i just got my yellow tang from saltwaterfish.com and im happy to say they had good service i got all my hermit crabs, my purple and yellow tang alive and they are doing great!,, BUT THERES ONE PROBLEM well i really dont know if its a problem or normal! my yellow tang has this small bumps almost like bubbles! sorry for the crappy pictures i got them from my phone!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. scubba.steve

scubba.steve Coral Banded Shrimp

Appears to me from the pictures he has been nipped at before.
    I havent had this problem with my Sw
    My fresh water though is a diff story.
    Ive got a parrot that takes a beating from a convict
    and Stays like this

4. el_sillo

el_sillo Spaghetti Worm

they are bubbles, it doesnt seem to be caused by a nip. he acts normal and is swimming everywhere,, is this a disease and can it be passed on to my other fish

5. el_sillo

el_sillo Spaghetti Worm

Gas bubble disease is a non-infectious problem caused by environmental problems either during capture and shipping or in aquarium design. Although the disease often looks disastrous for the affected animal, in many cases the bubbles resolve with few problems for the affected fish. The most common adverse outcomes are loss of an eye, bacterial infections of the lesions or brain damage. However, it is treatable and can be well managed in reef systems.

6. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

those dont look like gas bubbles from those particular pics. looks like ti could be cryp. irritans (ich) which can look like white blotches on the fins some times. Could also be a fungal infection.

7. mastamind360

mastamind360 Astrea Snail

its funny cuz i saw something that looked just like that on the fin of my yellow tang today. its not ich though. nor do i believe its a bubble. he was fine though. i thought it was a nip from another fish. my niger trigger has been testy and i thought maybe they had a throwdown last night... good luck