Bullnose tank makers??

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by 2_slow_5.0, Jul 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2_slow_5.0

2_slow_5.0 Flamingo Tongue

Well I have been talking to the woman and she wanted a book shelf to split the formal dinning from the formal living. LOL Like a fish tank was not going to come to mind when she mentioned it! So now I have an excuses to buy another one and would like to find a 150g bull nose tank to put up there. My plan would be to make it part of the house so sadly it would stay when I sold or rented but I would include the tank service in the rent if and when we ever come to that!

Besides the point and off topic....

Looking around I have not found many makers and those I have found seem to be double even triple what a traditional tank cost.

Anyone know a place that sells quality bull nose tanks at reasonable prices??

Thanks!

Jacob

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I don't know if a reasonable bull nose tank exists.

Did you try tenecor for acrylic, and Reef Aquaria Design for glass?

Maybe you can find something glass cages makes that will work. They are probably the best priced pre made tanks out there.

4. 2_slow_5.0

2_slow_5.0 Flamingo Tongue

I have called many places and e-mails several and got quotes around 2500 to 3000 for the tank only! LOL I thought it was a joke! I just dont understand why they cost so much more! LOL Acrylic is acrylic no matter how you shape it. Hell a round tank is the same price or cheaper! LOL

5. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Acrylic is acrylic, but when it comes to bullnose and other rounded tanks, you're talking about a delicate process of heating and bending the acrylic to the perfect shape, on top of the "gluing". On a large tank, it's a big process to make that bend. The sheet of acrylic is something like 100 inches + the length of the arc of the curve, likely requiring 2 or more people and quite a bit of work to heat up only the relatively small portion to be bent.