BULK REEF SUPPLY, Group Buy!!!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by seabass1, Sep 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

We've got 27 participants in a planned group buy so far. You can basically buy whatever you need for your tank that Bulk Reef Supply handles & we'll reap the savings. Come-1-Come All!!!

SeaBass1
    UltimateWarrior
    Grubbsj
    Horkn
    OceanParadise1 :anxious:
    kdneo
    Av8Bluewater
    StrainedSky
    dpandkevin
    Dustin75
    saltyg
    efrainz28
    mexireef11
    SinCityReef
    Zimmy71
    DaDaAtlanta
    loneracer05
    Courtster
    phillipjfrye
    omgiv
    Telgar
    LoJack
    Infantry1327
    jonjonwells
    H&K
    daninfamous
    mrstihl

http://bulkreefsupply.com

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Hi Seabass

I cant take advantage of this as you can imagine

can you once again define how it works please for others who did not see orginal thread

does everyone in the group buy make their own purchases? so no money needs to be transfered to anyone other than BRS?
    do the goods then get shipped to each individual? so that no one individual is responsible for ensuring goods get to each individual?

Im sure more people would be interested if they fully understood how it works

some people will hold back for fear that they send money to someone they dont know and then trust that person to send goods paid for on to them.

if they understand it does not work like that at all
    that its basically a collection of individuals doing their own purchasing but under a group buy banner for discount , then I am sure the number of interested parties will increase

Steve

4. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior Spaghetti Worm

I would like to know more how it works too. Just on the lighting I need it looks like I should be able to build a 4' hood for $250!

5. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Quote from BRS

6. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior Spaghetti Worm

I need a little clarification on the first line there. When they say
    what do they mean exactly? I'm referring more the the one week portion than anything else. Is that a show of appreciation for our membership? Do we get a week like this periodically? One-time deal?
    I'm definitely still in it to win it, don't get me wrong there. I would just like to know about all the ins and outs.

7. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

You get the rock bottom allowed pricing on everything for one order, and you have one week to make that order. You pay BRS directly, and they ship directly to you.

After your first group buy, you have lifetime discount pricing. It is somewhere between wholesale and regular price.

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

It says it right there in the paragraph. For one week, 15 or more people get wholesale prices. After that one week, you get permanent reduced prices (but obviously not wholesale prices).

10. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

My local club has done several BRS group buys.

Basically the "one week" thing is that you get special pricing as does everyone on that mailing list on the items they offer the bulk pricing on. That is most everything. This pricing is only for that one week, or until you get in on another BRS group buy.

If you just look on the site during this time frame and not log in, you will see a price. Then log in and check on that same item and the price will be lower. This applies to most things they sell.

Yes you pay your own order, and your own shipping, but the deals are good, and well worth it.

BRS gets big kudos to have figured this method out.

11. kdneo

kdneo Fire Shrimp

I'm in, I need a bunch of base rock and a price break would be cool!

12. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Sorry guys, worked half day today and just got in....& thanks Zach (you the man). Yeah, so they actually give us time to get our act together. The more we purchase, the more expenses are "divied" up between everyone giving us max savings. Pretty cool deal!!!

Your in kd. I've purchased base from BRS. I bought the cheaper stuff in bigger chunks, then smaller pieces of the kind-kind Pukani. I drilled the smaller pieces of Pukani with holes big enough for frag plugs then turned them over and drilled bigger holes for nylon rods....also drilled holes in the base rock that matched right up with the smaller Pukani rock and "BAM", slapped the two together with some nylon rods & epoxy for some surgically placed aquascaping. Have done all of this outside on my back patio drinking a couple of beers......just so much easier. This is all done before the rock even re-touches water!!!!:trampolin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.