BubbleMagus-T01 doser setup

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by crustytheclown, Apr 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

I am about to set up this dosing pump and was wondering if anyone could clear up the confusing directions for me. I dont know if everyone got the same set of f****ed up directions or not, but mine are very hard to understand. If anyone can describe/simplify how to setup the doser on the head unit, that would be swell.

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I can help with that Crusty

there are 4 buttons under the display - Up, Down, Enter, Esc

plug the unit in

press ESC
    the display will show - Manual dose
    press the Up button - and press again until display reads - Set Timer

when you see Set Timer - press Enter
    then set the time on the unit using the up / button (default setting is 00.00)
    and its a 24 hour clock ( so if you set this up at 9.00pm your time - use the Up button until it reads 21.00 - then press enter) then press Esc - and this will save your timer setting

step 2

assuming you have filled your jugs with liquids and have hooked up the airline etc

press Esc
    display will read - Manual dosing - press enter
    display will show pump 1 - press and keep your finger on enter - this will start pumping liquid up through tubing and clear out air in line etc

when lines are filled - stop pressing enter

press ESC

repeat as above
    this time when display reads manual dose- press enter and when it shows pump 1 - press Up button and it will move to pump 2 - press enter again and this will pump liquid through the line on pump 2 - when line is full stop

NB - when I 1st set mine up =I used RODI water, so that I could trial it for 24 hours making sure timers etc worked properly (did not want to take the risk of using Ca and Alk solutions at that point, in case it went wrong and dumped everything into my set up)

once you have lines full (1, 2 or 3 depending on what your dosing)

press ESC - and use up arrow until you get to Set Timer (the fun starts now)
    press enter- and it will show pump 1

press enter - it will show 0000
    then using up arrows set the amount of fluid you want to add

example if you wanted to add 200 mils of fluid hit enter on 1st 0- then up arrow until you get 2, then enter and enter for last two zero's

once you have put in the amount of liquid - hit enter
    it then goes on to cycles - use the up arrow and choose between 1, 2,4,6,8 or 12
    this means if you want your 200 mils delivered in 8 doses of 25 mils - then select 8

once you have selected the number of doses - hit enter
    it then takes you to starting time

using the up arrow again- programme in the time of the 1st dose

once done- hit Esc

repeat for additional pumps being used
    when you reach set timer - hit enter - it shows pump1 - just use up arrow to move it to pump 2 - press Enter

once you have done it once, its easy
    if the above is unclear - let me know

if you get any issues - pm, phone number and I can sit next to my unit and talk you through it remotely

Steve

1 person likes this.
  4. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

holy taledo! Thanks a million steve. You have helped my out so much in the past.
    HURRAY FOR GOOD PEEPS!

JMorris271 likes this.
  5. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Steve to the rescue.

But to answer the side question, you got the right set of directions. Being a Chinese product, it seems the instructions in Chinese were entered into a poor translator to generate the "English" version.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Big thanks Steve.
    I hope to hook mine up tonight - this is such a help!

7. steve wright

Welcome Matt

it is relatively straight forward once you know how to toggle between the functions using arrow keys

when you have finished, just be sure to press Esc and check that the display shows the scrolling Bubble Magus text

otherwise its not saved your settings and will not come on when required

another tip is if your going 12 doses per 24 hour period its a good idea to stagger the Ca and Alk

so I have my 1st dose Ca going in at 9 am and then at 11,13,15,17,19,21,23,01,03,05,07
    and then my Alk goes in at 10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,02,04,06,08

so I have 1 hour period between the dosing of Ca and the dosing of Alk

which I believe helps prevent any potential precipitation should the 2 ions be released at to close an interval

Steve

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice idea Steve. For my size tank (30 gallons) I was thinking of something a bit less to spread out 30ml (EDIT - probably less to start per instructions) of alk and ca to start. Perhaps just a few doses each. Does that sound good?

Also, my Engrish is poor - does it draw the liquid from the left hose and push out the right hose?

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  10. steve wright

Yes as you look at the unit
    the left hand side is in, the right hand side is out

if you do not have any airline non return valves, I suggest adding
    as otherwise when the doser stops the liquid backs up, which would then affect the QTY of the next dose (reduce it) and if your only dosing small QTYS then this could make a significant difference

I have my unit dosing 2 mils of Vodka split into 4 doses of 0.5 mils
    and have checked this using a medication bottle cap allowing liquid to disperse into that for 48 hours before gaining confidence that it was safe to allow it to do this into my set up ( I got about 4 mils in 48 hours, so I believe even at very small doses, providing a non return valve is used, its relatively accurate)
    Steve

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks!

Ack! Show-stopper. I do not have those and it sounds like I need them. This will be postponed until I do. Thanks for info.

Very nice method Steve.

I ran into a few snags tonight. I do not have a proper stand for this. Balancing it on a box is not the way to go.

I also have run out of outlets. :p I need to sort that out.

Also - although I have some spare air-line tubing, it appears that the unit comes with hose that has a slightly smaller inner-diameter - is that a problem? I imagine the difference would make for slightly different dosing?

12. steve wright

it could be a problem , in terms of amount of air that can be drawn back in when doser stops - so that does make non return valves even more important IME and making sure you have air line tubing of the correct internal diameter for a snug fit on the unit and the non return valves would help to prevent potential drift apart at later date

the amount of liquid dispersed is controlled by the squeezing /manipulating of the short lenght of yellow rubber tube
    so it would not result in larger doses being made, but would result in more fresh air being present in the tubing and a potential seperation and resulting mess and parameter drops as a result IMO

Steve