Bubble tip anemone

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Rocheal, Mar 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rocheal

Rocheal Astrea Snail

I just got him yesterday. Set him on the second to highest section of rock in my tank with moderate water flow. Within three hours he had opened up to over three times the size of what he was in the store, but his mouth is constantly opened. May be seen as a dumb question, but is this considered a "distended" mouth? I tried to hand feed him a sliver of scallop, but it just sat on his mouth. He never shriveled up to eat it. I finally took my hand out of the tank and let my shrimp steal his food. (My hand was no where near the anemone. My cleaner shrimp was cleaning my hand on the other side of the tank.) I woke up this morning and the anemone had moved to a lower section on the live rock. He's a bit more green than he was yesterday but he's not opened up as wide now and I can't see his mouth because he's wedged himself at an awkward viewing angle..

When should he eat? Is his mouth normal? A picture wouldn't help as the light in the aquarium just washes out the anemone completely.

Water quality is perfect, gravity is perfect, temp is perfect. Tank is 37 gals. I have a sea apple, a perc, a cleaner shrimp, a purple sea slug, a brittle star, and two turbos.

2. Click Here!

3. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

What type of lighting are you using?

4. Rocheal

Rocheal Astrea Snail

This is an area of the aquarium that I'm not very educated on. I know that I made sure it would be enough before I decided to get the bubble tip though.

It is a Dual Satellite 24 hr lighting system. It's the model #1014. It has a total of 130w...

5. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

PC, T-5, or MH? that would be very helpful to us :)

6. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

7. Rocheal

Rocheal Astrea Snail

Says DUAL DAYLIGHT (6,700K/10,000K) & DUAL ACTINIC (420NM/460NM). I am looking all over the box, their website, and Google. I'm feeling like a retard so I'm going to stop before I drive myself insane. I don't know if they're PC or MH. I'm 99.9% positive they're not t-5's.

8. Click Here!

9. SaltyFred

SaltyFred Flamingo Tongue

Sounds to me like they are power compacts. With my personal expierience I feel that this amount of light should be sufficient. Especially if he is close to the top. Some may argue that hallides are necessary, howevery the lfs that I work at keeps bubbles under pc's all the time with no problems. In regards to him not eating, this is most likely due to him just getting acclimated with your tank. If he is moving this means that he is trying to find a spot that suits him and will most likely not eat during the period of getting acclimated. As long as your water parameters are ok, he should do fine. Just keep a close eye on him.

10. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

a picture of the lights would help.