Bubble tip anemone

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by SP5689, Jun 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SP5689

SP5689 Banned

Hi, I recently put a bta in my tank. Is it normal for it to attach to the glass? its about 4" from the ls, wondering if i should try and detach it and move it to where the lr is...not sure what to do?

2. Click Here!

3. Aok

Aok Astrea Snail

Dont touch it, allow it. At least for now.

4. SP5689

SP5689 Banned

the tips all look very nice but it just looks weird looking at it that way. I gave it a small piece of krill yesterday, wondering if i should give it another piece. its on the corner so its half in front and half on the side...

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Let it acclimate before you try to relocate then place it mid height on the rock and let it pick its spot from there.

6. SP5689

SP5689 Banned

should i try and give it more krill or wait a couple of days? will let it acclimate and will relocate but what happens if it goes behind the rock and relocates at the back of the rock facing the back wall

7. mikejrice

I would feed it every couple of days at the most. Thats part of the risk with anemones sometimes they pick a spot you dont like.

8. Click Here!

9. SP5689

SP5689 Banned

understood, thanks for your input. i just dont want to keep moving it and making it stress out. i will one more time near my lr and hope for the best. what would be the best way to remove it without harming it. it seems that she is stuck like crazy glue lol

10. mikejrice

You just have to go really slow and let it detach on its own. Usually if you lights push the bottom of the base to the side it will let go. I went through a phase with my sebae when I first got it that it kept going in a cave under my rock. I cant count how many times I had to tear my rock work apart to get it back out. Took awhile for it to get used to my lights.

11. packagerat

packagerat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have 2 bta's and I feed them twice a week. I have offered them more but if they are not hungry they will not hold on to the krill. They usually eat 1 whole each time.