Bubble Magus Nac5.5 or Curve 5

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by amartinez, Mar 1, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amartinez

amartinez Astrea Snail

Anyone have experience with these skimmers? And can someone tell me the difference between these two besides the footprint and pump?

2. Click Here!

3. amartinez

amartinez Astrea Snail

4. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Well I have a curve 5 right now. It's not hooked up yet so I can't attest to performance however the difference is one is a newer design (the curve bottle design neck) also the curve has these tabs on the bottom that can unscrew and allows for easy disassemble for cleaning. It's pretty nice skimmer, has a drain from the collection cup. The pumps is made by bubble magus.

I've got no experience with the nac as this skimmer was newer and looked like it was a better overall skimmer. I'm not sure about different working depth but that might be the only difference other than the recommended gallons it should be used for might vary.

They're both going to get the job done, ones just a new improved design but the other one works too, or I've seen others have success with them... Hth

5. amartinez

amartinez Astrea Snail

OK thank you there both about the same price. I think ill try out the nac since it looks nicer to me lol