Bubble Magus Dosing Pump Help

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by justonwo, Dec 15, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. justonwo

justonwo Fire Shrimp

For those of you familiar with this dosing pump, you may also notice the instructions are probably not written by a native English speaker. They are exceptionally confusing. Fortunately, the pump itself is relatively simple.

I just want to make sure I understand the setting properly. It would appear to me that the two key settings are the total volume to dose (mL/day) and the cycles per day. Do I understand correctly that the volume dosed at any given cycle will be the dosing volume divided by the number of cycles?

For example, if I set the doser to dose 10 mL per day with two cycles per day, will my dosing happen in 2 increments of 5 mL? Is the time of day also equally divided? In other words, if I set the doser to dose at 5:00 PM (again, assuming 2 cycles per day), will the second dose happen at 5 AM? If I set 24 cycles per day, then I further assume it would dose every hour?

2. Click Here!

3. Vu Nguyen

Vu Nguyen Flamingo Tongue

"For example, if I set the doser to dose 10 mL per day with two cycles per day, will my dosing happen in 2 increments of 5 mL? "

The doser will dose 2 times and 10ml each time so you get 20ml per day. The setting is not ml per day but rather per shot.

4. justonwo

justonwo Fire Shrimp

Hmmm . . . I don't think so. I collected a sample from a single dosing. I currently have it set to 8 ml/day and 2 cycles. If doses 4 mL each time.

5. Vu Nguyen

Vu Nguyen Flamingo Tongue

I think you are right. I might have missed this the whole time. I was trying to increase the dose, but I think I decreased actually. I will double check. However, from the manual, you appear to be right.
    "With the above Icon Description: The user has set a day to add 888ml, added 8 points. Shall be added once every 3 hours, every time you add 111ml specify the solution"

http://www.seasideaquatics.com/T01.pdf

6. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

That's correct.

The only thing you should note with this doser, is it's accuracy is often off for each pump, but they are consistent. For example, you may have each pump set at 100ml, but pump 1 will always dose 90ml, pump 2 will always dose 105ml, and pump 3 doses 93ml. Manually measure what each pump actually doses so you can correct for such in the programming.

7. justonwo

justonwo Fire Shrimp

Good advice. I checked the flow rate of each pump and they were both right on the money. I had assumed they would require calibration, as most peristaltic pumps do, but I guess they calibrate them for water at the factory. That would make sense since most dosing solutions will be dilute and aqueous.