Bubble coral tear

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Seahorse Girl, Jan 7, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seahorse Girl

Seahorse Girl Plankton

I have a 8" green bubble coral thriving for 4 months. When I was feeding today one of the fish stole some food and bit a whole in the grape size bubble, it quickly deflated and a portion of the whole coral reacted. The balance of the coral is still open and many feelers are stive active. All water parameters are good. Any advise is appriciated, I read about jelly, if that happens do i pull the coral? do I dip the coral? leave it alone? What are my chances for natural recovery?

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

IME , chances of natural recovery in ideal conditions are very good for bubble corals

I have had a couple of incidents of bubbles being burst (poor handling, not allowing coral to deflate enough before handling and at least one occassion I recall from a frag above falling onto the coral when expanded) , and in all those situations the coral has healed perfectly well with no intervention on my part other than ensuring water quality remains good and that there is no further damage done to the coral

Steve