Bubble coral- any advice

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by alpha_03, Mar 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Hello all, well I bought a 5-6 inch bubble coral that will be here tomorrow, I need some advice on what is best for it's proper care. This coral will be in my coral softie/lps/clam tank. It's a 45 show that is quite full. (see my sig)

Let me know- as I am pretty excited- I bought another clam and a few rare zoa's and mushrooms to.

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Regf

Regf Coral Banded Shrimp

I have my bubble coral closer to the bottom of the tank, it wasnt doing to good closer to the top, and medium/low flow, and now it opens up everyday, u will like it, its a beautiful coral

4. alpha_03

wow fast reply- thanks for the info. my concern is for my clams, as they too are on the bottom. I couldnt find any available info on how these two compare.....co-exist.

5. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

make sure the bubble coral cant touch the clam the bubble coral will sting the clams

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

What's your questions about them Alpha? I've had great success with mine. It's grown quite a bit.

7. nicodim55

nicodim55 Coral Banded Shrimp

I have both and I love them. I have the clam on the sand and the bubble close to the top and it's under 250mh as well. They both open up everyday I guess I got luck in placement.:)

8. Click Here!

9. nicodim55

nicodim55 Coral Banded Shrimp

check out my video yo can see both doing well

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
  10. alpha_03

cool guys and gals thanks for the advice- I couldnt place it in my 45 gallon- it's to big (the 45 is really full), I got it this after noon - 30 min acclimation, placed it on the bottom in front of my carpet anemone- looks very cool, it's really starting to "open" up (or fill up actually).

The shell its on is somewhat of a triangle shell- perhaps an old barnuckle shell or perhaps a clam shell, not sure- but it's 6 inches long and about 3 inches accross and has bubble coral all over the top- it is a clear to greenish white. soon as my halides come on I will post a pic.

The electric blue crocea clam (about 4 inches), the zoas (about 40 between the two) and the red dia. shrooms I got from reef o holic are very nice- best online order I have ever gotten- and the packaging was the best I have ever seen. The crocea looks like a tiny baby beside my deressa clam- kinda funny.

Well the halides came on and the coral closed up some- I will wait a while and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice so far.

can these guys be placed in/on the live rock?

11. alpha_03

super nice nico, so many coral- I thought i had a lot, guess I can put the bubble coral in my 45 after seeing yours, I was worried about a coral war- guess if you can do it so can I. what are the naes of the black and yellow clown fish?

btw, what are you running for lighting?

again, super nice tank.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

+2
    I had the same problem - shallow tank, mega current and halide = unhappy bubble in my case. Moved into my pico. It is a lot smaller now, but it likes the new lighting and I plan on feeding it a lot to get it back to size. Bubbles are cool. Enjoy.

EDIT - @nicodim55 - Nice tank man!