BTA won't stop bleaching, can't figure out WHY!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by yheartsp, Nov 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. slickcg33

slickcg33 Astrea Snail

dont feed a piece larger then its mouth. Soak it in vitas like i suggested. You can order silversides online. Anchovies might do just fine but ive never heard about feeding that so im not sure. Just cut it up, get a small meaty piece, soak it and feed the nem. Make sure the clowns dont mess with the anemone while its trying to get it in its mouth. 4 days is good, try to do the powerhead technique to get it out of the rockwork(not while you are feeding of course).

2. Click Here!

3. yheartsp

yheartsp Purple Spiny Lobster

most websites say do not feed a piece larger than 1/4inch, but isn't that terribly small? if i feed a piece as small as this my anemone will gobble it up in less than a minute? I'm currently feeding 1/2inch of sliced fish meat and it seems too little as the volume fed is very small.

anyway , if you look closely at the pictures, the tentacles at the side of the base of the anemone facing the front has much shorter abd skinnier tentacles than the rest of the tentacles ( some parts are very long and poofy ), what is the reason for that? different intensity of light?

4. slickcg33

slickcg33 Astrea Snail

It may seem very small but if its no larger then their mouth then i think you are doing fine.
    As far as the tentacle size go. Thats another guessing game. People have been debating for years as to why some anemone bubble and some lose their bubble tips. There have been theories that its due to lighting demands, nutrition, or water flow. In your case it could be any of these. Also it could be that those particular tentacles got roughened up when it was wedged in between the rocks by your maroon "Cuddling" too ruff, and basically making a sandwich of the tentacle between the fish and the rock. It really isn't that important, What is important is keeping it fed and getting it back healthy! Assuming it starts to get some color in the next few weeks, you can then work on moving the nem into more light.

I would suggest taking pictures weekly. so you can make sort of a picture diary. When my rose was coloring up, it was difficult to tell at first and i thought i was seeing things untill i compared photos. Just an idea.