Urgent BT Trigger Very Unhappy

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by andru1313, May 11, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. andru1313

andru1313 Purple Spiny Lobster

I got a BT trigger. I asimmilated him to the tank. I only have a small clown in my tank.. I put him in and he flipped out.. I shut the lights off and left my tank alone. This afternoon he has been in the tank for about 24 hours. I could not find him. Thought he was gone.. I lifted my live rock and BAM.. He was Burried in the sand under the rock. Here is where he is hiding should i be concered or just let him be. Know they can be shy but wasn't sure if the way he is hiding or location is an issue. Here is a pic of where he is hiding. He is laying on the sand under the rock.
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Just leave him be. They are shy critters

4. andru1313

Ok so I shouldn't try and feed him or anything?

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't try feeding it until it comes out and swims around...

6. andru1313

Ok. feel really bad for him.. Just want to make sure. I was thinking of covering where he is hiding in newpaper so he doesn't get spooked again. I will give him a few more days.

7. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Yeah, it was a while before I saw mine. Trying to shove food at him will only stress him more. FWIW, these critters typically come from deeper water so a lot of this whole people, light, etc...business is very foreign to them. One of the reasons they are so expensive is the depth divers have to go to collect them. Just a little FYI