BRS shipping is ridiculous!!!! DIY ideas needed

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Pdxile, Mar 20, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pdxile

Pdxile Coral Banded Shrimp

Hello again!
    I bought a used BRS media reactor that needs replacement sponge pads. They are only a couple of dollars on the BRS website but they want $12 for shipping! Ridiculous. Anybody have DIY ideas/suggested materials?

2. Click Here!

3. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

What are u planing on running in the reactor ?

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Got a link?
    For just a couple of sponges I see an option for $4 shipping.

5. Pdxile

Pdxile Coral Banded Shrimp

It auto-added the 12 to my cart. Perhaps I should have looked around for ways to change it. But still $8 for 2 sponge pads? There's got to be an easy replacement idea.

6. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Only thing I can say is go to your local pet stores and bring the used sponge with you and try to match it density wise. I was not happy with the size of sponges in my gfo reactor so I bought a larger sponge and cut it down to size I wanted(new razor blade is key). Did this because I believe some of gfo was getting out into tank. Don't go crazy just buy enough to hold you over until your next big order from BRS and remember to order the replacement sponges if you are not happy with what you get from LFS

Anyways even if you find cheap shipping it will be ground and up to 7 business days delivery. I hate waiting!

Vinnyboombatz likes this.
  7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I too disliked the fit of the sponges.I always put my media in a mesh bag to help contain it.

DSC reef likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I put two sponges in my cart and it has a $4 shipping option.. maybe call them and ask if you don't see it. I've had some tiny things like that shipped in the past for regular first class mail.

10. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

BRS shipping has always been very reasonable for me, and their customer service is beyond amazing. Give them a call.

DSC reef likes this.