Resolved brown flat worms

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ivydog, Oct 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ivydog

ivydog Feather Duster

Hey there fellow reefers I have been out of town for 9 days and the old lady was taking care of the tank. I just got home and seen brown flat worms on my new mushroom (3weeks old). So what do in need to do to get these little pests out of the tank please help. I really like that shroom and I don’t want to lose it. Sorry no pic I guess the kids broke my camera .

2. Click Here!

3. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

If its only on the mushroom I would take it out and dip it in a solution of Flatworm eXit. I wouldn't add the Flatworm eXit to the entire tank unless you had a larger infestation. I see some flatworms on my mushrooms but they don't seem to cause damage.

1 person likes this.
  4. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

I have seen my chromis destroy flatworms, I also heard 6-line wrasses might go after them.

~Will.

5. Elliot09

Elliot09 Bristle Worm

I think a blue velvet nudibranch is quite effective of ridding flatworms, the only problem being that they will ONLY eat flatworms. When my LFS had a problem, they got in a couple to put in their coral tank and the flatworms were gone pretty quickly - they did however lose the nudi's that they couldn't then sell on. Probably only consider that route if you get a major outbreak and make sure you pass it on or get it out of your tank before it starves and dies.

6. ivydog

ivydog Feather Duster

ok thanks
    witch would you do Six Line Wrasses, Leopard Wrasses, Target Mandarins or flatworm exit
    i have a red head goby 2 firefish a yellow tail damsil and a surpent star im thinking of going for a wrassea

7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

i used flatworm exit in my dads tank... he had a pretty bad infestation. The difference was night and day once i used it!!!

8. Click Here!

9. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

If at all possible I like going a more natural way for pest eradication (still waiting for an excuse to get a harlequin shrimp). From what i've read, your best chance at getting a flat worm eating fish is probably the 6-line. Chromis might also work for you as they did for my tank.

~Will.

10. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

what chromis do you have?

11. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

Standard, run of the mill, blue green chromis

~Will.

1 person likes this.
  12. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang