broken glass (no fish left in tank)

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by marks48, Feb 27, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

Agreed with the advice given.

Get a new tank.

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

ditto here as well, my original 58g oceanic busted at a seam, had it repaired and it's held up really well but it was nearly $300 to have it fixed so I'd say time for new also, plus a good professional repair job normally takes 1-2 weeks anyway

4. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Man, I can't count the tanks I have repaired and that are still in use with absolutley no problems what so ever. Its not that freaking hard! You just have to take you time and do it right the first time.

Even though its only a 10 gallon like you said its 85 bucks verses maybe 15 and some of your time.

But I like Reefguru's answer better, "natures way of telling you to get a bigger tank"

5. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Theres a 125 gallon tank 9in my area for only 300 bux.....comes with stand, lights, filter, etc....want phone numba? lol

6. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

i have an extra 28 gallon bow with stand in pittsburgh

7. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

If they were in Chicago I would most likely take you up on that 125..

Really guys it isn't that hard to fix them and when done they can look like they just came out of the factory. All you have to do is take you time to make sure you clean all or the old silicone off the mating surface's and it will never leak.

8. Click Here!

9. Notturnia

Notturnia Bristle Worm

dont repair.. replace.. the broken glass can broke again now that is damaged..

remove it and replace with a new one of the same thickness..

or.. buy a bigger tank :D

10. bigabiomed

bigabiomed Plankton

I hear everyone, and most likely they are going to be correct, however I refuse to give up!!!! I was able to get a large 45 gallon tank at work for free and as I was dumping the water out it hit the ground and shattered the side glass pane. I removed the glass and took in to the local glass cutter to get an exact fit. Taking the pane out was a b**** and I destroyed the top shroud but figured I would be able to glue it back in so you would not be able to see it. I'm now at the set of installing the new pane I will let you know how it goes. I have special glue I was going to put in-between where the glass meets then silicone all corners! I'll keep you updated as to my progress.

11. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

The reef gods are sending you a serious message.

12. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

ZOMBIES! AAAAHHHH!

*starts planting peashooters*