Bristtle worms and Clams

Discussion in 'Clams' started by alpha_03, Apr 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Well I have found out that these worms and clams can have problems- anyone else have experience with this as a concern? My large Deressa, he has no troubles, but my 2 Crocea's they are batteling these suckers because they need rock to anchor to- which is where the worms live- so......... what to do. I cant go wrasse- it will eat both the clam and the worm- any ideas?

2. Click Here!

3. BlueWaters10

BlueWaters10 Skunk Shrimp

Have you tried a pest trap?

4. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Na not yet, I think these worms usually only go after critters that are ailing or dead- they see them as food IMHO, both of my Crocea's came from the same place and I wonder about their condition. While Crocea's can require certain care, they are not difficult to keep, given good water/lighting paramters. But the rock in this particular tank is over 20 years old (aquarium) and I got it from a buddy of mine that took down his tank.

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I only notice bristle worms messing with my clams when the clams are dying, or dead. Like last night I removed a dead clam :( And there were some huge bristle worms hanging off of it.