BRISTLEWORM COLONY?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by reefermadness420, Sep 22, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefermadness420

reefermadness420 Flamingo Tongue

So I bought a few live rocks from my local store two months ago. Long story short there was a large bristleworm thatpoked out came out about three inches never fully came out. Now fast forward to the past week. I've noticed specifically on this one rock baby bristle worms ranging from one to five at a time they never fully come out of the rock just stick their heads out and poke around. I'm wondering is there such a thing as a colony of bristleworms?

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Could be star fish legs too, but I have a lot of bristleworms. Their population will vary based on feeding rates. They are beneficial, IMO.

Mr. Bill and Corailline like this.
  4. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Corailline likes this.
  5. reefermadness420

no I have brittle stars these are bristle worms. Each worm comes out of a diff area of the rock

6. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Yeah, pretty common. No worries.

7. granocompany

granocompany Astrea Snail

I have them, they are doing good job. I feed a lot because growing LPS ,soft corals, if you d't need them get file fish, hawk fish or stop feeding

8. Click Here!

9. reefermadness420

I haven't fed anything in my tank as of yet they are living on w.e is in the tank

10. granocompany

granocompany Astrea Snail

I had a lot of them, like moving gravel when I start feeding the corals but after adding six line wrasse to one tank and file fish to another tank I dont see them, may be stay in the rocks