Breeding ORA Picasso/Snowflake Clowns in a reef?

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by ReefDaily, May 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

I am interested in housing a pair of either the semi snowflake or Picasso clownfish offered by ORA in my 40 breeder mixed reef.

These fish can be purchased as a pair. Is this an actual pair of clownfish that have been acclimated together and completed the gender change? I am interested in possibly breeding them in the mixed reef. I will set up another tank for raising fry.

I have experience breeding and raising seahorses so I'd imagine I could handle this.

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

I think when they are a pair they are already changed into the appropiate genders. I think they have already had one drop.

I think if its not its kinda a waste of money since its not that hard to start the pairing process. I am unsure though

4. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Even if it's not a pair, just get two. They'll pair up soon enough.

5. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

Ok thanks for the information.

As far as I know clownfish only have 1 mate per lifetime. I was just hoping that a pair wasn't just any 2 clownfish.

Thanks Again!

6. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

My ORA platinums were paired but had not sexed yet, they were both juvenile males. Unfortunately, they died off already. Make sure your tank is good to go, I would hate to hear about anyone else losing $300 fish like I did.