breeding clowns in a nano

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by booge1969, Nov 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. booge1969

booge1969 Flamingo Tongue

does anyone know if it is possible to breed clowns (preferrably maroon clowns) in a 6 gallon nano.

2. Click Here!

3. greebs

greebs Flamingo Tongue

i don't think so. they usually only breed in anemones unless they host another coral. and the lighting in a nano wouldn't be good enough for an anemone. not to mention that clowns need way more space than that. i would atleast use a 20 gallon. i got rid of my occys because i was crowding them in my 8. maroon clowns get much bigger, so i couldn't even imagine them being happy, nonetheless, breeding.

4. booge1969

booge1969 Flamingo Tongue

can clowns breed in a nano

does anyone know if it is possible to breed clowns (preferrably maroon clowns) in a 6 gallon nano

5. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

i have heard of perc clowns breeding in captivity and I'm not sure if the same goes for maroon clowns but I think a 6 gallon might be too small for that unfortunately =( hate to burst your bubble on that but the chances of that happening I would think are about slim to none honestly. It'd be a really rare case if you were able to pull it off and I would give you some major props if it happened lol