Brain failing

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by eddy38, May 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

I have a red brain that was doing great till i put a new powerhead in. It was oviously getting too much current after and started deteriating so fast I couldn't believe it. I have moved it now, but alot of flesh has gone off the top.
    What are the chances of it coming back, and other than moving it to a low flow area of the tank, is there anything else I can do?

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I find it difficult to believe it was just the flow that caused that, not that it didn't though. Do you have a picture of it? You can try to spot feed it which will make it grow quicker and should help.

4. LucBB

LucBB Bristle Worm

My brain recently was missing loads of flesh (was a fish eating it rather than power head though). But all i did was put it in my sump and as little as 2 days later it had made a remarkable recovery. So my suggestion is put him in your sump if you have one. Failing that, put him in a secluded spot in your display tank and just cross your fingers