Urgent Brain Coral Showing Skeleton!! Help!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by RedGambit, Dec 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Its my favorite coral I have so far :(!!! I want it to come back now!:lol: Everyones doing well in the conditions now with a little raised params. .. Heck my suncoral is almost full out now last i checked... :S

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Update: Just checked in on the brain again, Hes got a few tentacles out now, and the red edge of the coral around the mouth is starting to puff up again over the skeleton...

Do you guys think its to much light on the coral for what i run, the coral is about 20 inches under water Id guess and the lights are about 6-7 inches above.

4. catz

catz Fire Shrimp

if your comfortable with the idea, just move him around until you find his spot. When I had mine, if you remember or were around, I had moved it because it did the same thing. Then all of a sudden it poofed up like 3 times its size. It freaked me out, but I found out it was normal for them to do this. I lost it a few weeks ago, someone tried to eat it and it was damaged to badly to save, and boy did I try to save it.

5. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I think it is just stress. Any number of things. It is not aclimated yet. Don't rule out fish nipping at it. My tank was well established and I had a pink brain. Bought a green one and it never came out. Put it in my fuge and it was fine. Put it back in the DT and it sucked up. After watching for a while.... it was my darn Blenny of all things. Removed the Blenny and it's fine. Things get territorial. Soem fish jusy don't lik enew additions. If you have a fuge, try it out.

6. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

[​IMG]

Took a quick snap before I head out for the night, He is starting to puff back up again...

An hour ago he looked just like skeleton...

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Oh, he looks a lot better!!! He was just taking a break from being beautiful.

8. Click Here!

9. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

I hope so!... If he remains better looking tomorrow when I get home from work, Ill call this one resolved.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

11. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

New parents are so paranoid ;D

12. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

lol.. Thanks. As for the brain today, he went back to looking skeletal again in the day and fleshy at night... :( so confused.