Urgent Brain coral mad

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Sunbrnt, Mar 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sunbrnt

Sunbrnt Plankton

Hey everyone -

I have a 2 month old brain coral that was doing perfect, but is now closed up and looks mad. When we first got it, after a day or two it opened up without a problem, but for the past four days it has been closed up and tight. It is fleshy.

It is currently in a 29gal Biocube with 2 36w compact fluorescent lights. Alkalinity is good today, calcium is at 420, salinity is 1.024, phosphates are good.

This is a coral filled tank. Everything else is doing good including a deresa clam, and it has nothing in its way to keep it from opening. We have not moved it either. There isn't really much space to move it elsewhere but this is the same place where it was open and perfect.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

I had a huge welso brain for almost a year, and then it got pissed off, and wouldnt ever expand in my tank...so i sold it to a local guy...and its happy as ever in his tank...i think my tank's water was too clean for it or something....i really dont know the answer...hopefully this isnt what happened with urs...good luck!

4. Sunbrnt

Sunbrnt Plankton

Ugh I hope that isn't the same case. This one was doing so well. We have another new one in our 75gal but that is only a few days old so we haven't seen it completely open yet. Hoping for the best! Thanks for the input!

5. Sunbrnt

Sunbrnt Plankton

Here is a pic...

Attached Files:

6. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

I had one like it
    went from this
    [​IMG]
    To this...
    [​IMG]

But it came around..had me freaked out, but found out it was fairly normal...it has to expel ...and it has its own schedule.. LOL But just keep an eye on it, as you will. : )

7. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

Yep looks like what mine did