boost par30 opinions

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by 1.0reef, Oct 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Do you guys think I could use 1 par30 over a biocube 14 and keep mostly high light corals right under it, get a 60 degree optic for it and keep lower light LPS and softies around the areas with lower amounts of par amounts?

2. Click Here!

3. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

i had a par30 over a ten gallon and it does not have a very wide spectrum. it would severely limit where you placed your corals they would all just be crammed in the middle.

4. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

This tank is a cube so if the bulb were to be hung up high above the tank it could get some better light maybe?:confused:

5. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

well the higher it is the wider spread it has but also the less amount of light that will reach the corals. i highly reccomend getting maybe a pair or single panorama pro module. they have some high tech ones now that have remotes to change to any color you wish. they can also grow corals quite well. but i would suggest two for your tank in order to grow sps.

6. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

What are the dimensions of your 14 gallon cube???

7. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

biocube dimensions just looked it up 15x15, hmm that is def a stretch for 1 bulb I would go with 2 or even 3, 3 bulbs make a biocube look awesome and then you could keep whatever you want, and it still wouldn't be to pricey

8. Click Here!

9. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

1 I don't have the cube yet but I am determined to get one, once I'm not sick:(
    2 The tank will be a budget tank with a "lagoon theme"
    thanks

10. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

i read that the color red is to cause plants to bud and flower...not to cause growth

11. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

A Par 30 bulb will have about a 12x12 coverage area so you would probably be fine with one bulb. You would only have to have it a few inches over the water with a 60 degree optic, say around 5-6 inches would be fine. I had 2 over a standard 10 gallon and had plenty of coverage.

[​IMG]

If you look closely you can see the angles of spread (whiter area) on each bulb. These are 2 BoostLED Par 30 3b2w 60 degree optic bulbs about 3 inches above the water.

12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid