Book Exchange it Forward??

Discussion in 'Books & Magazines' started by johnmaloney, May 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

So I was thinking I can put up a book to start, someone says "Oh cool, I will take that. I have "such and such"''s book, I will put up", and then someone takes that and puts up another one etc....and it goes around. Something to do with the books you think you will read one day, but really just are to keep the bookshelf full. :) Any Interest? Where would be a good place to post that thread?

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

What type of books are you talking John? Aquarium/reefing or just any books. (Well not ANY ;))

4. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

coloradoreef is doing something like that with his Elite Reef store - I donated 2 books to help him get started. His is not necessarily a swap but a lending library

5. bama

bama Humpback Whale

great idea John.. Is this for reef keeping books or general books? I think both would be cool.

6. johnmaloney

reefing books i guess, but i have more of the other kind. reefing books make more sense though b.c it is easier to list with an audience hear that is interested in the subject. also reefink books have a small audience and printings so they are pricey usually whereas novels are basically free at amazon

Library idea is good, except that at a distance the shipping back and forth makes it problematic.

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I think that you may end up with a lot of crappy books :lol:

Seriously, I'm not sure that people like me (book hoarders) will be willing to part with their books, especially when you consider the price of reef related books?

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

reef related books are extra it seems. they hold their value b/c limited printings..

10. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Cool another book hoarder...I even have some from when I was a child.

Love the idea though of a lending library type thing for reef related books. People would need to pay shipping, but if you use the "media rates" it costs a lot less. I couldn't find anyting at the local libraries.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  11. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Yeah my local library doesn't have any current books, on any topic, for that matter. Unless it's a novel like Harry Potter or Twilight. lol