Bob the mantis is dying!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by schackmel, Jul 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

It has not been 2 months since she had her last molt :cry:. Then she showed me she was a she and had her egg sac....that took A LOT out of her. She did not eat the entire time she had her eggs (until she ate them) and immediately went into her pre-molt.

Her last molt was very difficult on her and I thought she was going to die then. She was out in the open and on her back.

Well a couple nights ago I noted her on her back again and molting. She was actively moving her swimmettes then and looked good. Last night she was on her back in a ball. This morning I peeked in on her and thought she was dead...all I could see is her back swimmetes kicking barely. I think this time might be it for her...:cry:

I am actually asking a friend (Inwall) to go over to my house today and look at her and see if there is anything that can be done. I have all lights off and leaving ehr alone but it doesnt look good.

She molts very frequently. From the size of her she is older cause she is one of the bigger mantis around....

anyway keep your fingers crossed

4 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I hope it all turns out ok..

1 person likes this.
  4. rothany206

rothany206 Spaghetti Worm

My fingers are crossed for you buddie. I wouldn't want to see Chester (my G. Smithii) die

2 people like this.
  5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

She's still kicking.* I might need to help her pull off her exoskeleton but I'm going to wait as long as possible before doing that.

1 person likes this.
  6. asking4trouble

asking4trouble Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping, bobs just sleeping.

Wake up bob!:cry:

No seriously...WAKE UP BOB! :kiss:

1 person likes this.
  7. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I hope Bob is okay. :(

8. Click Here!

9. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

I hope he/she is ok......

1 person likes this.
  10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Oh gross...that to me would be like peeling off somebody else's scab...barf-o-rama.

Seriously though, I hope your precious Bob is ok!!! :(

1 person likes this.
  11. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

yeah...Curt I will let you know when I am home...dont do it till I get there! I dont want to walk in and see you handless!

Thanks all...I am going to be devestated if she doesnt pull through. I told my mom today she wasnt doing well and my mom was very very upset! Mind you she yells at me whenever she hears that I have done anythign with the tank...but she loves her too! LOL

12. divott

divott Giant Squid

hopin for the best also schack. would be an awful shame.

1 person likes this.