Blue tank with ich!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by mvracing, Aug 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mvracing

mvracing Astrea Snail

My blue tank has ich and it really sucks! So i went to the store and they told me to buy a product called Kick-ich! They say its one of the best out there to cure ich! Has anyone herd of it and if its not good what should i do to get ride of it!

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

never used it, but have seen both positive and negative posts on this site about it

the fish can often build up its immunity system to this parasite and many people includig myself, dont use medications , even reef safe ones, in our tanks

the following food additives are used in order to help the fish bolster its immunity system

Garlic - the liquid is added to food stuffs such as flakes, pellets, veggies, nori strips etc - Garlic is a appetite stimulator for many fish and a well fed and healthy fish can better fight these infections

depending on the severity of the infection (if its just a couple of spots or so) you might want to try this

there are other options but Ill leave those to people with more experience to bring up

Steve

1 person likes this.
  4. Beaun

Beaun Fire Shrimp

What size tank is the fish in?
    How big is the fish?
    Do you have a QT?

You will probably not want to use most ich treatments in your reef tank. A lot of them will kill inverts.

5. mvracing

mvracing Astrea Snail

I have a 65gallaon tank! The fish is 2 inches and no inverts only fish and rocks!

6. divott

divott Giant Squid

what type fish is it? some a more prone to ich , and could be just stressed if recently added and will most likely fight it off. and as steve said, garlic added to food will really help out.

7. JJK

JJK Teardrop Maxima Clam

Kick Ich is one of the many things I tried to rid my tank of ich before I finally broke down and decided to quarantine all my fish and treat with copper. Kick Ich did not work at all for the ich, in my experience. But then, neither did vitamin supplements or garlic soaks. Hopefully they will work for you. But if not, remember the hospital tank option.

8. Click Here!

9. trelane

trelane Peppermint Shrimp

Garlic soaks? You're soaking your fish in garlic? And then pan-frying? :)

1 person likes this.
  10. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

I'd never soak my fish in garlic. I could never find the thyme.

3 people like this.
  11. divott

divott Giant Squid

thats just wrong. lol

12. mvracing

mvracing Astrea Snail

Also i was thinking on buying Neon Goby!