Blue Tang Is Looking Bad

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by rosereef, Jan 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Hippo tangs are primarily planktivores so don't expect it to eat much nori. I would just feed it a good quality marine flake food like O.S.I. :)

2. Click Here!

3. usmc121581

usmc121581 Astrea Snail

I went though 4 hof them. Mine would hide alot and just starve themselves to death. One actually hid for about a week would come out and eat, then out of no where died. They will pretend to be dead to by lying on there sides. Good luck with him. I gave up with them because I didnt like killing them. Thought it was my fault they were dying, but learned after words that the little ones are the hardest ones to care for.

4. rosereef

rosereef Astrea Snail

In case anyone was wondering my tang is doing great. It will eat anything I put in there and swims around activly.
    Doesn't hide much at all anymore and eats great. Flake, frozen, pellet, litterally anything I throw in there. Excuse the poor picture though, crappy camera.

[​IMG]

5. Frizza

Frizza Coral Banded Shrimp

Great to hear he is Ok. I also have one of those and if I saw your thread earlier I would of told you that mine done the same thing when I got him. He found a corner and just laid down, it took 3 or 4 days for him to settle and start swimming about. He was only about an inch when I got him and now he's about 3 inches long and doing well....and he is the fastest eater in the tank!
    They are great fish....enjoy :)