Blue Spotted Boxfish wont eat!! Help

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Rockstar Reefer, Mar 11, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rockstar Reefer

Rockstar Reefer Astrea Snail

I have this beautiful Boxfish that will not eat anything. I have tried krill, mysis and clams in a half shell. Just wondering if anyone has had this same problem. Any advice will be taken.

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      444.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Click Here!

3. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

I wish I could help you with the eating problem. The box fish is one of my favorite fish. I'm just scared of the posability of them wiping out an entire tank. How long have you had it? And does it do good with corals?

1 person likes this.
  4. Rockstar Reefer

I have had him about 2 weeks. He's in a fish only but I took some of my Candycane Corals and put them in the tank to see if he would eat them and they are still there.

1 person likes this.
  5. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

I had a real finicky eating porcupine puffer. He did not eat for about 2 weeks! Well one day I was screwing around with a laser pointer and was shining it around my tank watching my trigger and grouper chase it around. Then I saw my puffer go nuts and try to attack it! So I grabbed my girlfriend and I dropped a krill in the tank and she held the little red dot on the krill. Wham he nailed it and devoured it! I used the laser pointer for feedings for the next few weeks and then eventually when he saw krill he went nuts. So I guess you could try the laser pointer out if all else fails.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rockstar Reefer

Nice I might try that. If anything it will be fun if they chase it LOL.

7. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

They tear up blackworms..

8. Click Here!

9. jacque

jacque Plankton

my boxfish

I have a yellow box fish. I feed him frozen brine shrimp (both regular and spiurina rich). He dives in the net to munch. I also feed it with Hikari Marine brand food "Marine -S-". the fish gets really excited when I drop some of Hikari food in the tank. My boxfish do Not like Mysis shrimps. It swims around and don't even look at them. Good luck!