Blue/Purple Devils Finger Leather

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Fiyero1988, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fiyero1988

Fiyero1988 Bristle Worm

Newly acquired, it is about a week and a half into my tank. Looking good has some white spots not sure if that is a good or bad thing, only time will tell. Rather large piece about the size of my hand. Anyone know about these things I'm not to keen on leathers so I'm a newbie to them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

I know when I purchased mine it looked like it was wilting away when it was acclimating to my lights. I noticed the skin peeled about a day later and after that it things were great.

Are the white spots up near the tips of the "fingers" or are they all over?

4. Fiyero1988

Fiyero1988 Bristle Worm

Half way up the base. I'm assuming it is molting doesn't look rotten what do you think?

5. jkuja913

jkuja913 Spaghetti Worm

Do you ever get polyp extension?? I RARELY get extension on my yellow devils hand. Only every once in a while out at the tips. I've had the thing for about 6 months now and its been in every possibly place in my tank. I dont know if its not happy, or just doesn't extend its polyps. It continues to grow and have trimmed it a few times and just discarded the frags. The last time i trimmed off a finger however i tied it to a piece of rubble so we'll see if the frag ever exends its polyps. Just a head scratcher...

6. jkuja913

jkuja913 Spaghetti Worm

O, and if its just got a white slimey substance all over it that kinda looks like snake skin, i'd say its just molting.

7. Fiyero1988

Fiyero1988 Bristle Worm

On this particular species polyps are only on the finger part not the base also the polyps come out but they look like goosebumps.