Blue mushrooms

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by jonathan9573, Feb 18, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jonathan9573

jonathan9573 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

So I have a cluster of blue mushrooms that started out as only two and have multiplied to about 10 over the past few months but they don't seem super happy. The little ones expand and stretch to their fullest but the few that are about the size of a tennis ball don't want to stretch out all the way. Do they like lots of light? I have them at the very bottom of my tank.

2. Click Here!

3. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

Not an expert but I have multiple mushrooms some blue some red they seem to do what ever they want all of the time mine are on the bottom and they put them selves there. I have some orange looking that came attached to a rock its mid to lower and haven't moved. Hope this helps. And good luck.

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

tennis ball sized mushrooms? wow....that's huge

5. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

+1 They seem to do whatever they want. They would move if they weren't happy ;)

Check out Elephant Ear Mushrooms. My LFS had one that was about 2 1/2 feet long when open all the way, although that one was unusually large.

6. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

whaaaa!?!? thats awesome. i love mushrooms. my lavender ones are a decent size

7. vtecintegra

vtecintegra Fire Worm

Mine seem to like little light. I've got a few in a tank of live rock sitting outside under the house with no light except ambient day light. They are huge. The ones in the tank in the house under LED are only half the size.

8. Click Here!

9. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

I would like to see a pic of that lol

10. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid