Blue leg hermits

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by Iraf, Nov 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Do you have an ETA on when you will have them back in stock?

I'm needing to replenish the crabs in my 58 gallon tank

2. Click Here!

3. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

their all dead have been for a long time but need something to control some of the LG algae starting to grow in the tank

5. bc219

bc219 Millepora

I don't like them, they're aggressive and don't clean as well (in my opinion) as the red legged...

6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I've had more issues with zebra (left hand) hermits than anything, thats what happened to all my blues they all got killed by the zebras which all got thrown in the parking lot of my office

7. MAZILLA

MAZILLA Flamingo Tongue

I dont house hermits anymore, they are more hassle than they are worth. Especially when they start malling corals for food, or better yet, eat all your snails. I stick with snails 100% of the time.

8. Click Here!

9. bc219

bc219 Millepora

Have you tried the red legged?

10. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

yes but they dont do as good as a job imo, I prefer the smaller blue legs since they can get in and out of the rockwork easier

11. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

we got them in now. I will be updating the website soon, just got back to the computer. Get this - I had to guard my warehouse last night, (my brother had something better to do), because a UPS truck crashed into it! I know about door to door service- but come on! :) Anyway back to work, should be up in a half an hour.

12. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

To join in on what the others said... All hermits have the same problems, they will kill snails for their shell. Empties reduce this, but it can still happen. If you have long haired algae though, they are the ones to go with. We have like 8 different hermits in the assorted hermit mix now - a lot of jade hermits and left-handed hermits.