Blue Jawline Maroon

Discussion in 'iBluewater' started by iBluewater, Jul 26, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. iBluewater

iBluewater Senior Member (PhD)

Blue Jawline Maroon
    [​IMG]

This summer, as in many summers past, iBluewater divers are out actively looking for new variance in more common clownfish such as maroon and orange skunks, among others. Recently, one diver collected a large female Blue Spotted Maroon for a client.

On that dive, we found and collected this unique Gold/Yellow stripe female Maroon, a large almost 4" specimen -- the Blue Jawline Maroon.

On both sides of its face, by the lower edges of its gill covers, and connected to its 1st band, are blue patches, each patch measuring approximate 2.5mm long by 0.75mm wide. These patches are luminescent turquoise-blue.

Not unlike a centurion's helmet, the solid yellow first bar runs three-fourths of the way down each side of the face, tapering into a blue point, then, like a black chin strap decorated with blue jewel pieces, keeps going to form a complete bar. Please see photos.

This is the only Maroon we know of so far, in the wild and in captivity, that bears such unique color markings.

We are now setting our sights on Madagascar again and The Seychelles. It has been a long while leading up to this opportunity to collect 3 breeder's size pairs of The Seychelles Anemonefish (A, Fuscocaudatus). The prospects are very exciting. We'll keep you posted.

Blue Jawline Maroon
    [​IMG]

Blue Spotted Maroon
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

The animals you catch sometimes make people not want to pay their mortgage to acquire those specimens.

4. iBluewater

LOL! I hear you.....

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Thanks for sharing I always love hearing about the unique clowns you find. My buddies fish he got from you look great, especiallly the Goldrim and the Tusk.

6. iBluewater

Thank you, its a pleasure sharing. He tells me the Tusk is his favorite :)