Blue Face Angel

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ioannis, Jan 25, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ioannis

Ioannis Astrea Snail

I have tried everything but it has refused all. I will try to move it in the big tank.
    I communicated with the store I bought it and they told me that it was eating clams at their store.

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Know this is just my opinion mind you but I wouldn't move him to a new tank you may just stress him further ..... John

4. Ioannis

Ioannis Astrea Snail

Fletch it is ten days and it did not axcept any food .I will wait a couple days and i will do it.In the past i had this feeling to dont move the fish from the tanks easily and i lost some fish that have problems .From then i have done many times and i did have many problems.It depend from the fish.

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

If a fish hasn't eaten in weeks, even if it does start to eat, it may not be able to uptake the nutrients any longer. If the fish wasn't properly decompressed (which is common among Blue Face), it's stomach/intestines may be damaged beyond self repair. If the fish was collected with dope (Sodium Cyanide- very very common among Blue Face) it may appear to be fine for some time, then it'll stop eating and finally, it'll die. I hope none of these are the case for you, but be aware of the above.

6. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

If this guy/gal dosent work out i would go for a small juvenile in the future...they can mature to a very nice size (7"+) in under a year if fed properly. Most angels of the size you purchased find the rigors of aquarium adaptation to be far too stressfull and alien for them to cope with. Hope it works out for you.

7. Ioannis

Ioannis Astrea Snail

I will post the resolts.

8. Click Here!

9. BayNights

BayNights Astrea Snail

Try offering uncured live rock (lots of live sponge) for the angel to pick at. I know of a guy who used to feed his blue face almost entirely on live sponges. Kind of expensive but you can worry about getting him to change his diet later... This would be alot more similar to what it was eating in the wild.

10. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

have you tried live brine shrimp to entice him? I found this often works. Another trick is to put a small feeding damsel in with him. Seeing the damsel feed may trigger the feeding response. Also try putting a piece of live rock in tank and wedge some formula angel diet sponge containing food in the rock, or some live coral polyps in with him to feed off of. Good luck!