I was given some beautiful live rock that I HAD to bleach. It was four years old in the person's tank, but was covered in aptasia and majano anemones. I was not going to risk introducing these into my tank. It honestly hurt to bleach this rock. Anyway, I have done the following so far: 1) bleached the rock for 2 days 2) removed from bleach water and rinsed 3) allowed to dry for 48 hours 4) bleached again for 24 hours 5) rinsed and allowed the water to dry for 48 hours 6) soaked the rock in water that had amquel ammonia detoxifier in it for 24 hours 6) rinsed and allowed rock to dry for 3 days 7) soaked rock in buffered water to counteract the bleach being acidic after touching the air 8)removed and rinsed the rock 9) rock will be drying until friday Time for the question: After each time I soaked the rock in freshwater, the water turned yellow and smelled slightly foul. The rock does not smell bad. I had a small powerhead running in the rubbermaid container to keep the water moving. Is the rock cycling in the freshwater or is there something wrong? What should I do? I will be testing some of the water used to rinse the rock tomorrow.